Buddhist Tour of India
10 night & 11 days
Kolkata – Gangasagar - Gaya– Bodhgaya - Bhubaneswar- Dhauli Giri-Pipili - Puri- Chilika Lake– Ratnagiri Lalitgiri – Udayagiri - Bhubaneswar
Day 01: Arrival at Kolkata
Arrival at Kolkata International Airport, meet & Greet, transfer to pre booked hotel. Overnight at Kolkata.
Day 02: Full day Kolkata Sightseeing
After breakfast Chk out from Hotel, visit sightseeing of Kolkata. It includes:
Drop and Visit: Prinsep Ghat, Tagore House, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Victoria Memorial Hall
Drive Pass: General Post Office, Shaheed Minar, Eden Gardens, Akashvaani Bhawan, Howrah Station, Writers’ Building, Governor’s House, Ghat of Ganges, High Court, Maidan, Town Hall, Fort William, Race Course, Lal Dighi.
Drive Over: Howrah Bridge and Vidyasagar Bridge. Overnight at Kolkata.
Day 03: Kolkata- Gangasagar - Bodhgaya (Overnight train Journey to Gaya)
After morning breakfast chk out from Hotel, full day sightseeing to Gangasagar. Ganga sagar is situated in bank of Bay of Bengal, its termed as the holy place for Hindu, devotees come here for a holy dip in Ganga Sagar. Also visit Kapil Muni Temple & Light house. Evening back to Kolkata (Total km 280 km)
Overnight Train journey to Gaya.
Day 04: Arrival at Gaya - Bodhgaya
Arrival at Gaya Railway Station, meet & Greet, transfer to Bodhgaya. Chk in to Hotel. Second half visit to Local sightseeing: Bodhi Tree, Great Buddha Statue. Over night at Bodhgaya.
Day 05: Bodhgaya Sightseeing ( Overnight Train Journey to Bhubaneswar)
After breakfast visit Royal Bhutan Monastery, Thai Monastery, meditation for few minutes. Then visit Indosan Nippon Japanese Temple. Second half back to Hotel. After Refreshment chk out from hotel & Transfer to Railway Station for onward journey to Bhubaneswar.
Day 06: Morning arrival at Bhubaneswar
Arrival at Bhubaneswar Railway station, meet & Greet, transfer to Hotel. Half day at leisure. Second half transfer to half day city sightseeing: Temples of Bhubaneswar: Lingaraj Temple (11th Century), Mukteswar Temple (9th Century), Parshurameswar Temple (7th Century), Rajarani Temple (11th Century). Overnight at Bhubaneswar.
Day 07: Bhubaneswar - Raghurajpur Heritage Village - Puri
After breakfast transfer to Puri, Enroute visit Dhauli (Buddhist Peach Pagoda), Ashoka’s Stone Encrypt ( 2nd Century BC), Pipili (Appliqué work village) local market, Raghurajpur Craft Village. Over night at Puri.
Raghurajpur Craft village, on the way also enjoy the Chita-paintings on the walls of the houses. Situated amidst groves of coconut, palm, mango and jack fruit, the main village has two streets with over 120 houses, most decorated with mural paintings, where the painters reside and practice their Pattachitra craft, besides many others that practices throughout the village, including traditional masks, stone idols, paper Mache, sculptures, and wooden toys.
And also you can witness Gotipua dance (Optional), is a traditional dance form in the state of Odisha, India, and the precursor of Odishi classical dance. It has been performed in Odisha for centuries by young boys, who dress as young women to praise Jagannath and Krishna. The dance is executed by a group of boys who perform acrobatic figures inspired by the life of Radha and Krishna. And this performance is a life time experience for visitors.
Day 08: Puri – Jagannath Temple - Chilika Lake - Sea beach - Puri
Morning Darshan to Lord Jangannath and after breakfast move to Chilika Lake, Asia’s largest estuarine water lagoon covers an area of 1100 sq Km with combination of salt and fresh water. The lake is separated from the Bay of Bengal by a narrow sandy ridge, called Ramsar Wetland. For it biodiversity, this lake attracts millions migratory bird in winter. It also home to a diverse range of aquatic life, including 225 species of fish and the playful Irrawaddy Dolphin. Boating to Mouth Of Chilika Lake: the point where see meets the lake. Evening at Puri Sea Beach, fishing village and explore the Traditional local market in Puri. Overnight at Puri. (Total 160 Kms)
Day 09: Puri - Konark - Ratnagiri
After breakfast visit to Unesco Heritage Konark Sun Temple, ASI Museum at Konark. Then visit Chandrabhaga Sea Beach. Also enroute visit Surfing Ranger Resorts (Optional), activities like SUP, Sea Surfing, River Surfing, ATV Ride can be planned here. Also if group like, we can take them to Jungle Adventure camping site (Optional). Then Transfer to Ratnagiri. Over night at Ratnagiri (Total 280 km)
Day 10: Ratnagiri – Lalitgiri – Udayagir – Ratnagiri
After breakfast visit Lalitgiri. Full day Excursion to Lalitigiri (Archeological site of a Buddhist Monastery from 4th to 8th Century AD) with Monastery parts and many votive Stupa, all different Buddhist sculptors with Chaita hall and a Huge stupa from where caskets of Budha's relic is available. Later visit Udayagiri, Another huge Buddhist monastery which still under excavation. Overnight at Ratnagiri. (Total 100 km)
Day 11: Ratnagiri - Bhubaneswar
After Breakfast transfer to Bhubneswar airport / Railway station for onward journey.
- Bodhgaya: 1 night
- Kolkata: 2 nights
- Puri – 2 nights
- Bhubaneswar: 1 night
- Ratnagiri: 2 nights
- Train Journey: 2 nights ( 3rd A/c)
- Deluxe A/c Accommodation
- Plan: CPAI
- All major road transport A/c included in Itinerary
- All parking, road tax etc
- Driver allowances
- One boat cruise at Chilika Lake
- Two Overnight train tickets ( 3 tyer A/c)
- Any Flight / Train Tickets ( other than mention in inclusions)
- All Entry Fee at Destinations
- Tour Guide
- Gotipua Dance at Raghurajpur Rs 8000
- Any personal expenses which is not mention in itinerary will carry additional cost
- Personal services in hotel like Body Massage, Ayurveda Therapy etc
- Camera / video camera fee.
- GST 5%
- All price are net price, no commission included.
- 5 % of profit from this tour will goes to community development of Tribal villages.
- Package can be redesign according to the wish of our esteem visitors and partners.
- Rooms are not blocked, in case of unavailability; we will book in alternate hotels.
- Rates are valid till 31st March 2018, except New year ( Dec 20 to Jan 5) , Christmas & Major Local Festival.
- Price may Change with change of Our Vendor agreement.
- We believe in Good Authenticate Services
- 100 % payment to be deposited before arrival of Visitors.
- Being the Responsible Tour Operator of Odisha, we will dedicate 5% of our profit to Sustainable development initiatives.
- Kolkata: Howard Jonhson / Similar
- Bodhgaya: Hotel Taj Darbar / Similar
- Bhubaneswar: La Franklin / Similar
- Puri: Bluelily Resort / Similar
- Ratnagiri: Toshali Ratnagiri / Similar
For any more information, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.orgContact for More Details...