Rath Yatra Festival: 2017
Bhubaneswar- Khandagiri- Udayagiri- Dhauli Giri-Pipili –Konark Sun Temple- Puri- World Famous Chariot Festival - Raghurajpur Village- Bhubaneswar
The World famous Chariot Festival of Puri ( Rath Yatra) need no introduction. The Rath Yatra is one of the main festivals of Puri, India, celebrated every-year on Ashad Shukla Dwitiya that generally falls between the months of June-July. The festival is celebrated to commemorate the annual visit of the presiding deities of the Jagannath Puri temple to their Aunt’s house ( Mausima Temple) situated at distance of 2 km on the Bada Danda Road.
During this festival, Lord Jagannath comes out from the Temple and gives Darshana (holy view) to the people. The Chariot Festival holds immense significance among devotees. The chariots on which the deities are taken to the Mausima temple are massive pieces of art that are adorned with numerous designs & patterns. The construction of the chariots starts with the Chandana Yatra and is undertaken by carpenters known as “Maharana”, who hold hereditary rights for the same.
Further, these three chariots are distinguished from each other by a set colored pattern of cloth robes such as Lord Jagannath’s chariot (Nandighosa) is covered with red & yellow robes, Lord Baladhabra’s chariot (Taladhwaja) has red & blue robes of cloth and Devi Subhadra’s chariot (Dwarpadalana) is covered with red & black cloth. Numerous devotees and pilgrims flock the land during the festival as it is believed that the ropes attached to the Rath or Chariot are ropes of salvation and thus everyone wishes to touch them once. After enjoying a nine day stay at the temple, the deities are brought back to the Puri Jagannath Temple as part of the return journey known as “Bahuda Yatra”.
Itinerary: Chariot Festival: Puri 2017
Day 01: Bhubaneswar: (22nd June)
Arrival at Bhubaneswar Airport, meet & greet, transfer to Hotel. Second half visit to Khandagiri & Udayagiri Caves and then proceed for Architectural marvels of Bhubaneswar Temple: Lingaraja Temple, Mukteswar Temple, Parshurameswar Temple & RajaRanai Temple. Overnight at Bhubaneswar. (Total 70 Kms).
Day 02: Bhubaneswar - Puri:
Morning transfer to Puri, enroute visit to Pipli Appliqué Village, Konark Sun Temple (13th Century), ASI Museum, have lunch @ Konark and then visit Chandrabhaga Sea Beach. On the arrival check into a hotel for overnight stay at Puri and enjoy your beautiful evening at golden beach Puri. (Total 130 Kms)
Day 03: Puri- Jagannath Rath Yatra (Chariot Festival, 25th June)- Puri
Early morning proceed to Rath Yatra at Puri Bada Danda Road, experience Chariot Festival at Roof Top. We will provide you roof top seating area to experience the Royal Chariot Festival of Lord Jagannth. Drinks & lunch will be provided. Evening back to Hotel. Over night at Puri.
Day 04: Puri – Chilika Lake - Bhubaneswar (26th June) Early
Morning check out from hotel, visit Chilika Lake. It’s the largest Earnestine lake of Asia, home to Irrawaddy Dolphins & Migratory birds, Country boat Journey to Mouth of Chilika where lake meets the Sea. After lunch back to Bhubnaeswar enroute Peace Pagoda of Dhauli Giri Hills & Ashoka rock Encrypt of 3rd Century BC. Over Night at Bhubaneswar.
Day 05: Bhubaneswar & Departure
Transfer to airport / Railway station for onward journey.
- Puri – 02 nights
- Bhubaneswar – 2 Nights
- Hotel– DBL / Twin sharing basis (CPAI)
- One Lunch will be provided on 25th June. ( Vegetarian menu)
- All major road transport by A/c vehicle Similar.
- Special Roof Top Seat for Chariot Festival.
- All parking, Toll taxes, Driver Allowances
- Tour Escort (Govt Recognized Escort)
- Service tax of 9%
- Entry fees at different sites
- Boating at Chilika Lake
- Any personal expenses which is not mention in itinerary will carry additional cost
- Gotipua Dance at Raghurajpur will attract additional cost.
- Any air ticket or train ticket is not included in this itinerary.
- Any additional stay or Cultural workshop attracts additional cost.
Payment Bank Details:
- We are open to all cultural and craft workshop; kindly intimate us early to organize it efficiently.
- Cost is only for Indian Citizen.
- Cycle rickshaw tour also available at Puri local market; Intimate us early to organize it nicely.
- We also arrange all Local Folk Dance form at Bhubaneswar including classical dance.
- In case of Unavailability in above hotels, we will block rooms in Similar hotels.
- Rates are valid till 31st March 2018,
- Price may Change with change of Our Vendor agreement.
- We believe in Good Authenticate Services
- 100 % payment to be deposited before arrival of Visitors.
- Being the Responsible Tour Operator of Odisha, we will dedicate 5% of our profit to Sustainable development initiatives.
Bank Name- ICICI Bank
A/C Holder Name- SUBLIME TOURS & TRAVELS PRIVATE LIMITED
A/C No- 006105020850
IFCI CODE- ICIC0000061
MICR CODE – 751229002
BRANCH NAME- Unit III, OppSriyaTakies,
Janpath, Bhubaneswar, 751001, Odisha
Probable hotels @ Bhubaneswar:
Standard Hotels: Puri: The Presidency / Hotel Puspak / Sun Green Hotel / Similar
Deluxe Hotels: Puri: New Marrion Hotel / Empires Hotel /HHI / Lafranklin Hotel /Similar.
Luxury Hotels: Puri: Swosti Premium / Sandys Tower / Mayfair Converntions / Similar
Premium: Puri: Mayfair Lagoon / Trident / Fortune Park Shismo / Similar
Probable hotels @ Puri:
Standard Hotels: Surya Beach Inn / Hotel Golden Dust / Jeevan Sandya Inn / Similar
Deluxe Hotels: Puri: Blue Lily Resorts / Empires Hotel / Nayak Beach Resort / Naren Palace Similar.
Luxury Hotels: Puri: Lucky India Heritage / Hotel Mahodadhi Palace / Chariot Spa / Similar
Premium: Puri: Mayfari Waves / Coco Palms / Promod Conventions / Similar
Contact for More Details...