Eco Tours to Bhitarakanika National park
2 night & 3 Days
Bhubaneswar- Bhitarakanika National park- Dangamal – Habilikhati – Gahirmatha – Light house- Bhubaneswar
Bhitarkanika is a National Park:
Bhitarkanika is a National Park
situated in the eastern coast of Bay of Bengal. It spreads over an area of a 650 square kilometer in Kendrapara district. Bhitarkanika comprises of Bhitarkanika National Park, Bhitarkanika Wildlife Sanctuary & Gahirmatha Marine Sanctuary. It is one of the most famous wildlife sanctuaries in Odisha, famous for:
- Estuarine crocodiles
- Migratory birds
- Olive Ridley Sea Turtles
- Virgin stretching beaches
- Lush green mangroves
- Wildlife Sanctuary
- Water sport
- Jungle cottages
- Marine Life
- Nature`s trails etc
- Never ending Creeks
As per Guinness World Record book has accepted a claim that a 23 ft/7.01 meters male saltwater crocodile weighing 2,000 kg lives within Bhitarakanika Park in the state of Orissa, India. ( As per the 1016 Data) In Odisha, the estuarine or salt water crocodile (Crocodylus porosus) is restricted to the mangrove swamps of the Brahmani - Baitarani Delta which comes within the Bhitarkanika National Park. The area has been proposed to be included in the list of World Heritage Sites.
About 62 different kinds of mangroves are found in the estuarine soil of the Bhitarakanika sanctuary. Naturally Mangrove trees are grown in the submerged salty tidal forest areas. Mangrove forest is the favorite habitat of shrimps and prawns, which are produced in large scale for commercial purposes in these localities.
Gahirmatha Marine Sanctuary: Eco Tourism Odisha
Eco tourism Odisha Odisha coasts has the privilege to host world`s largest known rookery of Olive Ridley sea turtle. Gahirmatha marine Sanctuary is famous for nesting of Olive Ridley Sea Turtles, it is world’s most important nesting beach, every year sea turtles migrate in huge numbers in beginning of November for mating & nesting. Apart from Gahirmatha, two other mass nesting beaches have been located which are on the mouth of rivers Rushikulya and Devi. The spectacular site of Turtles for mating and nesting enthralls both the scientists and the nature lovers throughout the world. This unique phenomenon is hardly seen anywhere in India.
Dangamal: Eco Tourism Odisha
The serenity of Dangmal makes it one of the best place for eco tourism in Odisha. This is one of the getaways to enter Bhitarakanika National Park. Some of the attractions of Dangmal is as follows:
Batighara: Eco Tourism of Odisha
- Captive breeding & Research Center for estuarine crocodile
- Huge female crocodiles - Gori & Hydrabadi.
- Rare sight of Python and King Cobra staying together without harming each other in an enclosure.
- Interpretation Hall - Film shows on Bhitarakanika on request.
Batighara is the first lighthouse installed in eastern coast of India. It is surrounded with pleasant natural beauty. In front of the Batighar, False Point Port was the first modern port of the Odisha coast. This port was commissioned in the year 1855. Other interesting place near Batighara is Kanika Palace, it is one of the most popular tourist places in Kendrapara.
Habalikhati : Eco Tourism of Odisha
Habailikhati is a beach within Bhitarakanika National Park & is very close to Gahirmatha Marine Sanctuary. Visitors will have pleasurable experience seeing the Habalikhati. This is an eco tourism paradise for nature lovers, visitors can find Red jungle fowl, chital, wild boar, monitor lizard and fishing cats. Every year of the sea beaches attracts numerous visitors from different parts of Odisha & India. Habailikhati has luxury tents for the nature lovers, these tents are wind and rain proof. The beach is within Gahiramatha, which is famous for the nesting of the endangered Olive Ridley sea turtles. Over 6 lakh turtles lay eggs on this beach and its neighboring islands. Tourists can watch the nesting from a safe distance.The forest rest houses and tents located amidst casuarinas and mangrove forests is a lovely place to stay on the Habalikhati beach. Dolphins can also be sighted in the sea near the beach, which is close to Coconut Island as well as Nasi-I and Nasi-II islands.
To reach the island, one has to take a 30-minute boat ride from Gupti to Bausagada creek. The two-km long trek from Baunsagarh to Habalikhati is an absolute thrilling experience.
Itinerary: Eco tourism Bhitarakanika National Park
Day-1: Bhubaneswar- Bhitarakanika National Park
Arrival at Bhubaneswar Airport/ Railway station, meets & greets at airport, then proceed for Bhitarakanika. On the way, both side of the road you will find typical Villages. The scenery is magnificent. It takes 4 hours of driving. Check in at t he resort before sunset. Enjoy the evening watching the sunset in river in front of Resort. Bhitarnika is an adventurist's paradise and a breeding ground for Olive Ridley turtles. The second largest mangrove forest of the country, it was declared a sanctuary in 1975, in order to protect the estuarine crocodile and the turtles in their rare mangrove habitat. Other residents of the sanctuary include water monitor lizards and king cobras. On the arrival check into your pre-booked Jungle Cottage/ Tent Accommodation @ Dangamal. (Total Km 190)
Day-2: Bhitarakanika National park - Habalikhati
After Breakfast ready to explore the land of crocodiles in their own Mangrove habitat. Full day boat safari to Mangrove forest, enjoy the serpentine creeks, watch out for birds, particularly different varieties of Kingfisher. Keep looking for estuarine crocodiles basking in the sun. Also visit Bagagahan Bird Sanctuary, climb to watch tower, look for Pelican & different varieties of Storks. Visit Crocodile museum at Dangamal. After lunch visit Habalikhati by boat, this place is very near to Gahrimatha marine Sanctuary. Over night at at Habalikhati eco tent house.
Day-3: Bhitarakanika National park- BBSR
After breakfast check out from your cottage and depart for Bhubaneswar for your onward journey. ( Total Km 190 + boating)
- Dangamal: 01 night
- Habilikoti: 01 night
- Cottage/ Tent: DBL/twin sharing basis with AP Plan
- Accommodation both A/c & Non A/c tents.
- Ground Service by private vehicle
- All sightseeing’s as per the itinerary
- Local Tour guide
- All parking and toll taxes
- Driver allowances
- Cost of Boat services
- Entry fee at National Park
Costing per person:
- Any personal expenses which is not mentioned in itinerary will carry additional cost
- Cost of other activities which is not included in itinerary
- Any air ticket or train ticket is not included in this itinerary.
- Barbeque / any other special meal.
- Service tax of 09%
Rs 9333 ( for Minimum group of 6 pax)
Contact for More Details...
- Time to Visit:
- Season: Nov – March
- Off Season: April – June
- Costing is only for Indian Citizen.
- All Inclusion & Exclusions are as per Itinerary
- All price are net price, no commission included.
- 5 % of profit from this tour will goes to community development of Tribal villages.
- Package can be redesign according to the wish of our esteem visitors and partners.
- Rooms are not blocked, in case of unavailability; we will book in alternate hotels.
- Rates are valid till 31st March 2018, except New year , Christmas & Major Local Festival.
- Price may Change with change of Our Vendor agreement.
- We believe in Good Authenticate Services
- 100 % payment to be deposited before arrival of Visitors.
- Being the Responsible Tour Operator of Odisha, we will dedicate 5% of our profit to Sustainable development initiatives.